Vitamin C, aka ascorbic acid, serves many roles in our body and has been linked to quite a few impressive health and beauty benefits. For example, here are just 5 (Big) Reasons Why You Need Vitamin C in your diet:
• Vitamin C promotes healthy skin and helps boost the body’s natural production of collagen
• Vitamin C prevents iron deficiency by helping the body absorb iron more efficiently
• Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that helps boosts immune health
• Studies have shown that Vitamin C can help promote brain health and prevent age-related dementia and cognitive decline
• Vitamin C can help improve eye health, and when taken in combination with other essential nutrients, Vitamin C can help slow the progression of age-related vision loss
So if you’re now wondering where you can get a healthy dose of Vitamin C, you’re in great luck because Vitamin C is found in tons of fruits and vegetables, including oranges, strawberries, papaya, kiwi fruit, bell peppers, broccoli, kale, and spinach. Plus, this Superstar Vitamin is also a key ingredient in the bestselling nutritional supplement, FitBeauty Aminos!
Now one more important thing to keep in mind with Vitamin C is that this nutrient is classified as an “essential vitamin,” which means that our body can’t produce this particular vitamin, so we must make sure we eat a diet that contains an abundance of Vitamin C rich foods. As far as how much Vitamin C you should aim for, according to the National Institutes of Health, the average daily recommendation for adult women is 75 mg and 90 mg for men. To give you an idea of how this breaks down, here is the Vitamin C content of a few common foods:
As you can see, getting a healthy dose of vitamin C in your diet isn’t difficult at all – and doing so comes with great benefits to your overall health!
So to wrap things up, if you want to boost both your health and your beauty, make sure you get a healthy daily dose of Vitamin C in your diet by eating Vitamin C rich foods, and also check out FitBeauty Aminos to upgrade your water with a healthy dose of essential amino acids, Collagen, and Vitamin C!
Thanks for stopping by ladies, and I hope you enjoyed today’s blog post as much as I enjoyed sharing it.