So recently I shared a pic of this delicious homemade Slow Cooked Chicken Vegetable Soup on my Instagram page and due to popular demand I’m sharing the recipe!
Fun Fit Fact: Soups are an awesome meal choice because they’re a super simple way to get in a ton of nutrients and flavor from your meal without worrying about consuming a boat load of calories.
Plus, I’m especially a big fan of slow cooked soups because I’m super busy most of the time, and slow cooking soup pretty much allows me to throw a ton of healthy goodies into a pot, walk away to tend to other important tasks, and then come back later to a pretty tasty meal without much work at all! LOVE!
So, feel free to check out the recipe for the soup I enjoyed above. And here’s one more important thing to keep in mind when you’re throwing down in the kitchen: When it comes soup, there really are so many different ways you can go so feel free to substitute ingredients if you like. Bottom line, when it comes to soup the tasty and healthy possibilities are endless!
Slow Cooked Chicken Vegetable Soup – Healthy Easy Recipe
Makes: 4-5 servings
Total cook time: 3 hours
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 small-medium onion, diced
- 1 large white potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 zucchini, cubed
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- additional salt and pepper, to taste if needed
- In slow cooker add all the soup ingredients except for the additional salt/pepper to taste. Gently mix together all the ingredients to make everything combine well.
- Cover and cook the soup on low for 3 hours on high, or up to 7 hours on low setting.
- Gently shred the chicken with two forks and stir the soup to mix the chicken evenly throughout the soup.
- Season to taste with additional salt and pepper.